26 December 2018

I Like To Write:: Organizing Myself


Seriously every year I have this dilemma, I want to be organized and I plan to be organized, yet I don't follow through. This year I have decided that enough is enough. Talk is cheap. I need to get our paperwork under control and my filing needs to get better. It's not like I don't have the time. I just don't want to do it. I have been searching pinterest for a few days, trying to find the best that I think would work for me. I think my biggest set back has been I haven't found a system that I like or works best.I am hoping that by looking at the hundreds shown on pinterest that I can find one that sets well for this family. We don't have much paperwork but what we have I would like to keep straight. 




I have a small filing cabinet in the bedroom for monthly items and the big one for yearly items. I need to start using these more. I just pile stuff on top of my printer then a couple times of the year I do a big clean. It takes forever going through the paperwork and deciding what we need to keep and which file it needs to stay in. First I think I need to transform my bedroom, which I plan on doing during this break. I need to clean up and get all the end of the year things filed away and thrown away and begin new. 

Thanks to others ideas, there are different ways that I never thought of. Simple things that others are doing that would help me keep things straight. Just as simple at magazine holders for a clutter of paperwork until you can get it instead of it all sitting on the kitchen table or on our counter. 


I recently started a binder for 2019. A binder that can be taken with me in my Cindy Tote from 31 and carried to work, home, or on vacation to keep our spending recorded. I have printed out the sheets I believe will help us and continue to help us save. I am hoping this binder will keep me organized, I have had months of forgetting a bill or thinking I have paid something because the bill isn't with me when it's still in my bill holder. But like before I have been really excited and started but by March I am back to old habits. 



Here's to 2019. Maybe it will hold a little better and be more organized. Maybe I will be able to keep it all together. Maybe it will all fall apart, but I am starting new and fresh. I love the beginning of the year with all the goals and habits to begin. I hope that it continues longer than the cold weather is around.