26 December 2018

I Like to Write:: After Christmas Blues


Not that I am having a lot of blues, but sometimes it's just like wow it's over already. As I sat here today and helped my oldest sew with her new kit and my youngest put a bracelet together, I just kept thinking all the magic of the season is over. Now it's time to clean up the clutter, check the bank account, start saving all over again for next year.
There is so much done in November and December and then all of a sudden, you sit and you look and there is nothing to be done. I have no shopping to complete, no sales to check out, and I am not thinking of my 'list'. It's all done. How can that be?
Now we are looking forward, 2019 is upon us. What changes will be? What exciting trips will we take? How will the school year go? Will the government ever reopen?
Now however I am thinking, how will I rearrange our living room when we put all the decorations away? I am looking at completely redoing my bill budget system. I am hoping to go through my craft area and clean up. I have let so much go because of the shopping and darkness. I am so excited for new beginnings. The new year always comes with so much newness.
For those that do get the After Christmas Blues, I hope that you have family and friends that make you see that there is light at the end of the tunnel. That the sun will shine. That just because the magical season is over doesn't mean that your magic has to leave. I tend to have a little of this and I try my hardest to stay out of the funk. I try to look forward instead of backwards.
So here's to 2019, a year of many changes or maybe a year with a few changes or maybe a year with no changes. I may not achieve anything I want, but as long as I have my family and health I will be happy.