24 December 2018

I Like To Write:: Christmas Eve



This is our 2nd Christmas eve in 10 years that we haven't had our firefighter. The first time our oldest was only 3 months old, easy, we really didn't have gifts and preparation to be done. This time we have a 9 year old and a 7 year old. Hate to say it but I am freaking out a little about making sure it's all done. Funny though because for the past several years, I do most of it all on my own anyways, my husband is great back up, but I like to make sure it's all done a certain way. For years, he has been my look out during the gift wrapping portion of Christmas Even while watching his favorite movie, The Christmas Story. This year I took a day to wrap and hide so tonight all I need to do is grab and place under the tree. 


We are going to visit and celebrate then continue our evening. I love that my kids adjust well. They are used to his schedule and the fact that he can't always be there but I will say he has us spoiled because more than likely he is there. He has almost always found ways to be at big events. He is one of the most involved daddys I have seen.  We certainly got lucky with our little family. So our Christmas isn't normal but we make it work. So tomorrow we will be waiting patiently for him to get off and home.