23 August 2018

Read:: Surface (Guarding Her #1) by Anna Brooks


What do you do when you are in love with someone that still needs to grow? With someone that still needs to find themselves? You distance yourself, that's what Royce does. He knows he's in trouble the minute he is assigned to Paisley. They get along, they laugh, they have a great time together. It's a little issue of age and working for her father that seems to be a problem. Royce takes a few assignments that make him busy. Paisley graduates high school and begins life.
When Royce reenters, she is flabbergasted. She is mad about him leaving, she is upset about feeling things for him that cannot be at this time.
I liked the relationship between these two. They just bounced off of each other and worked well. The mystery of who done it was also a great plot in the story because I didn't see the ending coming. There is a lot going on while they are getting to know each other but it's not too much to take away from the story.




She was off limits. Too young. The boss’s daughter.

Forbidden.

I knew it all along, but it didn’t change the absolute possession I felt when it came to her… nothing would change how I felt about her.

So I did what I had to; I waited until the time was right to make her mine, only to find out there is one thing that could ruin it all.

***

The Guarding Her series contains adult content and is intended for readers 18+. Each book can be read as a standalone.

Reading order:
Surface
Drift
Edge
Closer (coming soon)
Roam (coming soon)