23 August 2018

Read:: Scoring the Quarterback (San Diegan #2) by S.M. Soto


This is my first read from S.M. and it was a good beginning. We have Natalia's point of view for about 75% of the story and she has gone from one bad break to another. She has never had anyone focus on her. She has never felt that she can depend on that one person. Everyone around her has let her down.
Enter Luke Caldwell. This popular and cocky guy puts his sights on her. He is fascinated by her. I don't think he dislikes her as much as he portrays. Working together on a class assignment has them going from heated arguments to talking about their dreams and pasts.
They really couldn't be any different. Their upbringing to their futures. And just when you think Luke is turning it all around, he'll grab you by heart and rip it out. This one will keep you on edge until the end. It was beautifully written.




Luke Caldwell has three abhorrent qualities to him:
1) He's a pig-headed jock.
2) He's a grade A asshole with the biggest, overbearing ego.
3) He's a manwhore.

These three qualities alone should've had me running for the hills. I tried to steer clear of him, I really did, but it was an impossible feat. Luke Caldwell was nothing if not persistent, and the way he bulldozed through my life, not taking no for an answer is proof of it.

I tried to stay away from him.

I wanted to hate him. But I couldn't. Luke was nothing like the idiot jock I pegged him out to be. He became a friend, a confidant, and after one unforgettable night, he became so much more.

Whatever this is between us, it's impossible to ignore. I just hope when all is said and done, I won't be burned by the college bad boy.

Praise of the book:
"This book is a page turner for all the college romance lovers out there, I read this book in one sitting and would highly suggest it. S.M Soto brings the perfect amount of angst with sweet." - USA Today Best Selling Author T.L Smith

"The best sports romance I've read this past year!" - Holly S. Roberts author of the USA TODAY Best-Selling novel "Play"

"OMG This book was absolutely amazing I loved it. Luke and Natalia are a perfect pair. Their witty banter back and forth and the angst. I could not put it down. Devoured this book in one night." - Once Upon A Romance Blog 
  "I literally read this cover to cover in one day. There wasn't a moment when I could put it down. Soto created characters and a relationship that was so addictive I couldn't bring myself to stop reading until the last page was turned. This is a new author I discovered and based on this novel alone, it won't be the last time I one click her books. If you love a sport romance with some friends to lovers spread throughout then make sure you one click this one. You won't walk away disappointed!" - Emily from Southern Vixens Book Obsessions 

"You remember the first time you read a NA book that just made you so freaking excited and addicted to the genre and you couldn't get enough. The very first one. That first time feeling that is thrilling and every reader wants to repeat. 

This is it. 

I was holding my breath and falling in love with this book. I can't recommend it enough. I've missed this feeling so much and will be forever devoted to SM Soto for giving it to me!" - Fiona Cole