11 December 2017

I Like Writing:: Jacob's POV


I have talked to Emma a few times in the past few weeks but nothing serious. She hasnt surprised me with a visit and she knows Ethan's schedule now so I know that isnt keeping her away. I think lawyer boy is keeping her busy. She's mentioned working late a few nights when I am home. Eric brings me a beer and sits on the couch. The game isnt keeping my interest. Eric knows I am distracted.
"just go see her man, its thursday night why is she working at 7 o'clock and more importantly who is walking her out in the dark? I would be damned if my girl would be in a parking garage alone. Stupid shit happens."
"I dont think i'd get in, sure the doors lock at a certain time. "
"Stand by her car." He rolls his eyes. I try not to act like he just had an incredible idea but I waste no time getting my keys and moving towards the door. It'll take me a while to get there, if her car isnt in the garage, ill stop by her house. 
I watch her long legs walk out of the small door to the parking garage. She looks beautiful in a tight skirt and dress jacket on. Her feet have high heel boots that go up to her knee. She's looking all around, very aware, you can tell she isnt comfortable. There's an old guard in a small closed in closet thing but he looks like he's asleep. I move forward so she'll see me. No way am i going to try to scare the shit out of her, she already looks spooked. 
"Hey" She smiles at me. She relaxes instantly, I can see her rigid stance soften. Where is the stupid boyfriend, even if he's working he should stop to take her to her car. 
"Hey," Suddenly, I dont know what i am going to say or why I am here. What if she doesnt want me here. What if she's decided reconnecting isnt a good thing? "I hadnt really heard from you so I thought what the hell, why not stop by?" 
"And you knew I'd be here huh?" She's moved closer, I can smell her perfume. God I miss her. 
"I took a guess, every time I've texted you, you've been working." I hesitate, not sure she'll like whats coming next out of my mouth "And its dark out, time's changed, wheres that asshole boyfriend, why are you walking out here by yourself?" Her eyebrows narrow. 
"All good points. But I've been walking myself out to my car for years, Fred is there in that shack looking thing if I would yell, and you are here so I think I am good." She moves to her car, unlocks it and swings her big bag in front seat. "I was going to stop by missy's for dinner and to visit with my god daughter but if you want to follow me home, I can skip tonight." Heaven to my ears. 
Back at her house, she disappears down a hallway and returns in yoga pants and a tank top. Yoga pants got to be God's way of taking care of men everywhere. Her ass looks great and I know she knows it. "Sorry I dont have any food if you're hungry, I was planning on going to missy's. She takes care of me most nights even with a newborn. No clue how she does it."
"Her husband doesn't mind you over all the time?" I need to get to know these people. Her friends need to know I am a good guy and that I would be good for her. 
"No, I am like a sister to him and I usually do the dishes so he basically plays with the baby now and watches tv. Sorry I havent really been in touch, the lawyer I work for has me busy with a few big cases, usually i do more admin duties but sometimes he demands I am there when he is to call people or do some research." She sits by me on the couch and curls her feet under her butt. 
"No biggy, I just wanted to see you. Honestly i was getting on Eric's nerves with trying to figure out if you are trying to end this new friendship we have or not. with the radio silence its been killing me." I need to let her know i am aching for her. She needs to feel my want. 
"I've just been busy, there are times i only work 5 or 6 hours and then something like this happens and I work 12-14 a day. But its really nice to hear you missed me. I missed talking to you a lot too. "