11 January 2019

I Like to Write:: Under Fire


So today was an eye opener. This country is going to hell. When you have an opinion its not allowed, if your opinion isn't the same. Why can't we have different opinions? Why can't I feel the way I want to feel? Why do I feel like I have a target on my back because I am furloughed? I didn't furlough myself. I didn't tell myself to not go back to work. I didn't ban myself from my building.

Yet, there I was defending not only Myself but My president and My government. I had two people circle around me spitting disdain for our president and government. I quickly defended myself, I have been through furlough before. I have taken care of my family before in this same situation. I got told statistics and 'facts'. Facts from where I didn't even ask. I continued to hold my ground. Then the conversation went from our 'crappy' government to gun restricts. We are a gun family. I am all for being able to have a gun. I am against using it for evil. That is NOT a gun issue, that is a human issue. That person decides to take the gun with the bullet and use it against someone. As soon as the two police shootings these past few weeks were brought up, since you know CA has these great strict gun laws, I was told "They have more people so statistically they would have more shot." Hmmmmmmm

I know my face said it all. So for 15 of the 25 minutes I was in the place that I was at, it was spent defending myself, my job, and my president. No one is ever going to talk smack without getting crap back. If I wasn't in the building I was in and the person in particular wasn't at his place of employment, I would have said more and would have gotten more colorful and louder. However I tried with all my might to keep a smile on my face, be nice, and stay on the up and up. I tried to stay talking about term limits, Obama did the same thing, and no one is talking. Instead I got something about a temper tantrum, he walked away from the table, and he's the most horrible president ever.

Tempers are high during this. I understand this. However it is I that have been out of work for a month. It is I that is not getting a paycheck. It is I that is being used for a pawn in a chest match.
So why would you attack someone that it affects so personally? Why wouldn't you ask this person how's life? How are you holding up? Do you need anything? Nope. Not from someone who was so worried about bashing the government they didn't even care about the stress I am under. No care about what is happening at home with food, bills, and caring for my family. I am certainly better than most, my husband is in a position to help with so much right now. But I am worried. I am worried for the future. I am worried about my friends. I am worried about my mariners. Do you know how many mariners right now are expired? How many are going to expire? How many were hoping for a Raise of Grade on their credential to get a raise to help their family? No. But I do.

So please, when you read or over hear someone say 'Yes I am furloughed', ask 'how are you?' Sometimes that simple phrase can help a ton. We certainly don't need to hear how messed up our government is right now. WE KNOW. We are it. We are the government. We are the pawn in a mess of a game. Whether we want what the government is fighting over or not. We don't get a choice to be at home. We don't get a choice to change things. We are in no position but to sit and wait. We are waiting for the call to say 'Your place of duty is....'.