02 January 2019

I Like to Write:: Technically the 12th Day of Furlough

So I have loved being off thus far. I was scheduled off a lot through the holidays between family time and my husband working Christmas Eve and New Years Eve and no sitter. On the day after Christmas, I helped my husband load wood for our wood stove. We worked about 2 hours together, him cutting, me loading. We had a good day, it kept my mind off the fact that I should have been at work. 



Now we've gotten through the holidays, I spent all day yesterday with my kids doing fun things. We sewed and played games and then I introduced my oldest to the classic of 'Home Alone'. Now, now I sit here alone. They went back to school. They left me at home alone. I am doing everything possible to stay busy and take advantage of the time home. So now I should really be at work, I should really be doing the adult stuff, but yet here I am here, watching friends, uploading pictures from CDs to Amazon Prime and eating dry cereal. 



I get my bill organizing stuff from Amazon tomorrow. I will begin punching holes in all the kids birthday and Christmas cards to put them on binder rings. I will label my expanding file folder, I have 24 folders to work with until I can put everything in my big filing cabinet. This will help keep my paperwork in one place instead of everywhere. I am excited about my magazine holders, hopefully this will keep things off the counter and away until I can get them in my binders or folders.  My planner will also be here. I get a new one every year, this year I need this to help me with my blogging. I have never really kept a review schedule, just read and read as the books were delivered. This year I will be putting my schedule in my planner so I know what needs to be read by what date so the reviews are not late. So bills and reviews all together in one place should help me since I tend to carry my planner everywhere.