01 January 2019

I Like to Write:: 2019


Think before you speak, yea maybe. Have more sympathy, yea maybe. Listen and ask more questions, yea maybe. All these thoughts are running through my head. I can be a terrible person, I know I am a work in progress, but when do you think you should improve? I just turned 35 and I pretty much am who I am. I do know that I am better than I once was but does my personality sometimes ruin it? I think I let myself ruin it because I think people are so busy trying to make people like them they are not themselves.

I pride myself in being who I am. I can't apologize for it. I wont. I am honest. I hate lying. I am not good at lying. I treat those around me as they treat me. If you are a shitty person I will not bend over backwards to get to know you or see if there is another side to you. You've shown that side to me for a reason.


(saved on New Years Eve)

One thing I would like to improve on is staying in touch with friends better. I can go weeks without talking to anyone but my immediate family and I am perfectly okay with that. I have never been one to have a million friends or people I keep in contact with. But I do have friends outside of that immediate circle that I need and should check in with from time to time.
I think my biggest move this year will be to move away from those that are selfish and only think of themselves. You know them, the 'world revolves around only me' people. Those people who don't care if they step on your toes or make you move the agenda around as long as they are happy. There are a few that have been in my world for a few years that I have allowed to do this and it has got to stop. It's not healthy.
Everyone was on facebook talking about the challenges of 2018, I can say that we didn't have a lot. We lost a dear family member unexpectedly in July and had to move through that together. The family rallied around each other and took care of each other. While the grief was at the forefront, there was a lot of love that was shared also.

So here's to 2019, we are finally here. Here's to more patience, more love, more understanding, and more fun.