10 March 2018

Read:: Macon by Marie James


This story is the reason that I follow, stalk, and read Marie James. Axton meets Addi when she is trying to fix a flat tire. The encounter is a strange but memorable one. They both can't seem to quit thinking of the other. They continue to run into each other and Axton continues to ask Addi out. Addi continues to keep her head out of the clouds and resist his charm. This was a highly emotional read. Your heart will break many times over with both of these characters. You will wonder if these two will ever feel happiness. At times you'll wonder if Marie will even have these two end up together. Their dreams are so different, their paths in totally opposite directions. Yet they show you that even though you might be separated and you might date others, love wins. Love doesn't forget. Love doesn't quit. Their love continues even though they are experiencing other adventures. Marie gives us an epic and tortured love story that will take you through a very emotional ride. 


Tossing a middle finger to Macon, Georgia as I made my way to Nashville was always the dream. Sing country music, go on tour, top the charts—with my popularity growing every day, I was on my way.

But then a gust of wind blew up your skirt, and those white cotton panties had me hooked. I didn’t know your name, and you turned down every attempt I tried to throw your way. But I knew you were different, even though you told me I was the same.

“Friends” is what you offered, and I played by your rules, but, Adelaide Hatfield, you have to know, from that day, it was only you. 

I just hope I can make you see how much you mean to me before we both drown in the sorrow of what heartbreak can truly be.