09 March 2018

I Like to Write:: A Weird Emotional Day



It's been an emotional day. Just as it was about this time last year. My facebook feed has been flooded with memories of a social media star that I followed for a few years before he was taken in an accident while on a call. Is it weird to be upset over someone you never met? Is it weird that I was shocked, shattered, and unfocused for a few days when I learned he had died? Is it weird that when his facebook page began with videos of the special people that were in his life, that my mood faltered? 

I don't know the answers. I know that his personality and his positivity was contagious. I know that I watched his videos and received really good tips about exercise. I know that when he looked in the camera to speak it felt like he was speaking to you. He was special and I didn't even know him. He shared so much of his life with his 'fans' and 'followers'. He wanted everyone to be healthy, fit, and happy. 
I know I am not hurting nearly as much as his family and his close friends but for whatever reason I am upset. I am thankful that was I was a follower of his for a while. I am thankful that his family has allowed his videos to remain up. They have kept him alive by sharing his love of being a fit and healthy person. I am thankful that he was who he was and maybe God just needed him. 
However his legacy will forever live on because of his family and those that knew him best. They are working with departments and sponsors to allow other officers the equipment to stay fit. They are sharing his love for others to continue his legacy. They are coping with this change of life anyway they can.
And today they did that by sharing many videos of loved ones sharing how they have dealt with this past year. A year that many have worked really hard to get through. I have prayed for this family many times through the year. I think of their precious son many times when I do squats or deadlifts, he was so helpful when it came to form and properly doing a movement. He didn't want you to get hurt and he wanted you to do it to get the most benefit from it. 

Again sometimes I think its weird that today was a little rough, I think it might be a little weird that I am emotional over someone that didn't know me, never spoke to me and may have only seen my name when I hit 'like' or shared his videos. I hurt for his family. His videos showed their love for one another, how close there were/are as a unit, and how much he appreciated all of them. 
So if you're reading this and you want to watch some really great workout videos from a guy that only wanted to help and make you laugh, please hit the links I have shared.

Police Fitness Facebook

Police Fitness YouTube Page

The Page with All Information --You can make donations to the cause or just read about Curtis and his impact on others.