01 December 2017

I Like Writing:: Jacob's POV


Em: I heard from a birdie, your son went back to 'his witch of a mother'-the birdie's words not mine. So thought maybe I'd come over if you didn't have plans. 
I have no words. It's been a week since I heard anything from her. I figured I would see if I could get her address from her mother this weekend and take a drive. I owe Eric a six pack. I know somehow he's involved with this. She pulls in within 20 minutes of the text I returned so she must have been on her way. She knows I wouldn't deny her. 
"I just figured we havent had a complete conversation yet. And it would be good if we had a full conversation." She's babbling. "Truth," She raises her eyebrows, "That would be nice," I state, it would be nice to know what brought her by. 
She takes a big breath, "I cant stop hating you and loving you at the same time. I am with this really good guy and I havent even talked to him in 2 days because yesterday Eric bombarded me with his opinion and my mind is going a mile a minute." I knew Eric had something to do with this visit. Did he spook her? Did he tell her how miserable I've been?
"So what did Eric have to say?" I guide her to my couch. She needs to sit. 
"That I needed to look you in the eyes and tell myself that I either did or didnt still love you. He also said that that night he was putting crap in your head about us and you being stupid believed him so he blames himself for Shelly. I have always questioned how she just happened to get pregnant the only night you were together. Almost like she knew she could get you at the moment without ya'll using anything. So much has been going on in my mind."
"I've wondered the same thing for a long time but after so long I gave up trying to figure her out and just moved on. I needed to take care of her and Ethan. And I know Eric blames himself but I did what I did, he didnt whip out my penis and shove it in her," She grabs a hold of my knee and shakes her head, "Too much Jake." 
I take the opportunity the take a hold of her hand. I take my hand and lift her chin to make her look at me. "Baby, I have always taken full responsibility, however  I have always loved you. I have regretted not keeping you for 5 years. The fact that you are here makes me happy. The fact that you are in my home gives me hope. Now did Eric say anything else I need to clear up?" I grin at her. 
"Nothing other than that you had Ethan this week. How was that? On your own with him? Are you two doing okay?" Gosh, she just got me in the heart, worried about my boy. She hasnt let go of my hand. She has scooted closer. We talk for a few hours. We catch up like old friends. I make her laugh. I was always good at that. It's one of the reasons she always told me she loved me. Her phone chimes. I get up to give her some space. 
"I gotta go. Missy thinks her water broke, I am one of the people in the room with her. She and her husband are on the way to the hospital and I am already a hour away." She seems like she isnt happy about leaving. A baby should make you happy. 
"You wanna keep me up to date on that baby. I can keep you company through the breathing stuff she'll do." I walk her to the door. 
"Yea, I'll text ya." She turns to leave then turns back to me, "Listen, thanks for tonight. I really didnt know what would happen coming here tonight just after Eric's visit I wanted to see you. It feels like old times but not, you know?" I nod. I know exactly what she is saying.