23 May 2017

Read:: Mack Daddy by Penelope Ward


I finally got a moment to read this one. I love Penelope's writing and her books always suck me in. This one was no different, once I started I couldn't stop until it was done.

This book takes us from present to past. We get to see where our characters are now and what they are doing. We get to see how it all began.

This one is built on friendship. A deep friendship. A friendship where you get to know the person on a very high level. These two talk and share things about their lives. Mack is expected to fulfill a fathers demand and Frankie just wants to more confident.

When Mack shows up at Frankie's school with a son in first grade, I had a terrible feeling that the friendship ended badly.

Penelope seriously takes us on an up close and personal ride with these two. You feel that sadness, you feel the love, and you feel the frustration.








Single Dad. Second Chances. Meet Mack in the newest STANDALONE novel from New York Times bestselling author Penelope Ward. 

They called him Mack Daddy. No, seriously, his name was Mack. Short for Mackenzie. Thus, the nickname. Perfect, right?

So was he: perfect. The perfect physical male specimen.

At the private school where I taught, Mack Morrison was the only man around in a sea of women.

Everyone wanted a piece of the hot, single father of the sweet little boy.

I became a woman I didn't recognize, someone riddled with jealousy, because they didn't know that--to me--he was much more.

They didn't know about our past.

He'd chosen my school for his son on purpose, because Mack and I, we had unfinished business.

As my friend, Lorelai, so eloquently put it: "Unfinished business between two people who are clearly attracted to each other is like an eternal case of blue balls." And I was suffering in pain from my case.

I was still intensely attracted to Mack. I tried to resist him, immersing myself further into a relationship with someone else just to protect my heart.

Not to mention, getting involved with a parent was strictly against school rules. But seeing Mack day in and day out was breaking me down.

And soon I might be breaking all the rules.

Author's note - Told in alternating points of view, Mack Daddy is a full-length standalone novel.

Visit my Facebook Page I Dont Get Sundays for more Releases, SALES, Author Information, and Photographer Information