21 November 2015

Read:: Seth by Jo Raven




So after finishing Perfectly Imperfect, I couldn't resist starting Seth even though I have plenty others on the kindle. First of all the cover model, can we say Wow, Jack Wellon nailed it. Second Jo Raven has done it again. I got her first book in the series for free or .99, I couldn't tell you for sure at this point but I got it. I read Asher and was hooked to her writing. These "Damaged Boys" captured a little piece of my book heart and I have followed since, waiting for the next book to come. 

Seth was not a disappointment. These boys, not easy lives, no money, work hard, and cling to family (once they accept help that is). Its never insta love either. Yes, usually one if not both decide that love is there however they work for it. Seth has had a past that most will never see with a mother that is cruel however he is trying to make himself better but there is not amount of luck on his side. He has a literal run in with a girl he has been watching from afar and a friendship is struck up. He and Madeline are cute together, both having these insecurities about the relationship. 

I love that Jo Raven doesn't do  epilogues that show far into the future, even though that can be the best part. Her epilogues show you a few months down the road to set up the next story of these guy men and women. 





Life is a bitch. Keeps screwing me over, and I take blow after blow, sucking it up, giving her the finger. 
Don’t get me wrong: I love women. Especially one woman – Madeline. She’s gorgeous, she’s sexy, she’s goddamn perfect. 
Plus – minor detail – she has a boyfriend already. 
Not that she’d want anything to do with the likes of me. Apprentice tattoo artist, former homeless person, covered in ink, without a penny to my name. 
And sort of cursed. I mean, I’d be lucky to run into a girl, any girl, on my way in and out of hospitals with the way life has been knocking me about lately. 
But I’m not lucky. Never was. Doesn’t look like that’s gonna change any day soon, either. 
Until the day the girl of my dreams literally runs into me. With her car. 
Life hates me, and if this isn’t a clue, then I don’t know what is. 

Standalone novel. No cliffhanger. 
*Warning: this book contains graphic language, sex, and violence. Mature readers only. Not intended for young readers.* 

SETH is book 3 in the series Damage Control - a series set in the same world as Inked Brotherhood. The boys of Damage Control were taken in by Zane Madden and Rafe Vestri and offered apprenticeship and work in the tattoo shop Damage Control. 
Next in the Damage Control series: SHANE(Damage Control 4).