14 November 2015

Buying a Book Based on Cover


So YES I bought this book fully on the only fact that cover model Josh McCann's beautiful eyes were right in front of me. I have discussed this in a group with other readers and it seems perfectly normal in our world. We follow these cover models and they allow us in a tenth of their world. It feels like you know them a little, nice hot looking guys that are gracing our covers. I was not familiar with this author, have never read a book by Ryan Michele but kept my eyes open. 

I actually enjoyed this book and YES I was surprised. It is not my usual book, the few other mafia driven books that I had tried to read didnt hold my interest and I ended up stopping around 40%. The whole killing, plotting murder, getting someone because of something they did towards the family, not my cup of tea. However, this author had me and I will read other books by this author.

So if you love mafia, or just want the book because of Mr. McCann's beautiful eyes or want to give an author a try by it here: Blood and Loyalties: A Mafia Romance





Family meant everything. Good, bad, right, wrong, legal, illegal—none of that mattered when it came to family. Family was and always would be number one. Catarina Lambardoni stayed on the legal side of the family businesses by running Lambardoni Enterprises. Professionally, she was beyond successful. In her personal life, however, she was not, having just walked in on her boyfriend cheating on her. Jag Maratelli, the boss’s right hand, worked extremely hard to sustain his position in the family and honored it with his life. When he was summoned to the East Coast for an unexpected meeting, a chance encounter with Catarina and one look into the fire within her made him a very determined man. The chemistry between the two scorched hot, and Jag had been with enough women to know Catarina was something special, something he couldn’t allow himself to walk away from. Life had other ideas, though, when a betrayal in the family sent him two thousand miles away from her while danger lurked closer than anyone realized. Would their connection be strong enough for both of them to pursue more? Or would people and events from the past and present make that choice for them?