03 February 2010

My Adorable Niece, Emily


Emily is one of a kind! She will be 3 in a month and since she was brought into this world by my wonderful sister, she has had a little bit of my heart. Emily was born 2 years to the day that my Nanny passed away, and was born almost to the minute of her death time. It is very eery how that happened because Jessica went into labor on the 1st yet Emily didnt come until almost the midnight on the 2nd. We all waited in the hallway of the waiting room and listened to her yell as she pushed. Then within a half hour of pushing we heard her cry, that wonderful new baby cry. It was wonderful. I was so happy to be an aunt. She was so tiny when she was born that when I held her I was a little shaky. I made sure I had a good hold of her so I couldnt drop her or she couldnt wiggle out.

As she grew and I would visit with her, I bragged and continue to brag about how well she is learning and growing. She is a quick learner and understands more than I could have ever imagined her to understand at her young age. Shes quick with responses and tells you what she thinks and whens hes thinks it.
Here she is around 1 year old

2 years old
Her favorite thing to do is draw and color and be outside. The phrases that come out of her mouth sometimes are unbelievable for a child her age but she speaks very well and clear and makes the converation last forever sometimes.