23 February 2021

I Like to Write:: A New Year.... No Resolution?





So we are more than half way through February and I am excited for 2021. 2020 was a tough year but my family made the most of all the challenges. It didn't hold us down. I think most of our way of thinking comes from being in a medical family...its hard to be scared of something when for the last 12 years we have had different viruses and illness plaguing our house. You never know what he could bring home. 

So 2021 I have decided to do more for others and less for me. As a mom I am thinking how more less can I do? As a mom you already take care of yourself the least. You are the last to be thought of. You do what you need to for your family. Your mind set is nurturing and you just come up last most of the time. Good thing for me, my husband does make sure that I get my time.....my bath time to decompress....my reading time...if I need hair or shopping done its encouraged. 

I have this need to serve. It's coming from deep down. The further I explore my faith and trust in the Lords work, the more I want to do for others. My kids are at good ages now that I can go to a meeting or volunteer and maybe help someone else. I keep looking at Master degrees in service. Its just overwhelming sometimes the need to do something for others. The funny thing is that some things fall into your lap and you didn't even realize that this part of the plan is something you were looking for and didn't even know it. 

So at the end of 2020 I was asked to step into our church's children's director volunteer position. I don't know who volunteered me, who thought I would be good at it, or who thought I should be given the opportunity but I was asked. I was shocked. I am not from this area originally. Our church is close with blood family ties and I am from another world it feels like sometimes. I did not grow up like most of these families and have had a lot of different experiences. So I accepted. I love working with children. Sometimes I wonder why I didn't pursue my teaching degree. I have volunteered with our children in the church for the last 6 years and I have developed some pretty close relationships from that. 

Facebook has helped me accomplish some of these items also. There are always groups that need help, people who have organizations, and those who shout out for others. This year I was able to donate some wreaths for VETS to be laid at Christmas for 2021. I sent a dear family friend a box full of goodies. I donated to a friends charity for a childhood disease that took her daughter too early. I joined a faith based group of woman to help with community issues. I have some things up my sleeve for the upcoming months. 

I always say I am not doing a resolution. I never keep them. I am not calling this a resolution. I am calling this a transformation. I do well. I waste time and money on crap. I am going to keep looking for ways to serve. I am going to keep looking for ways to help kids. I keep looking at organizations to help kids. So this will be 2021 and hopefully that will increase into 2022. As the need deep down continues to grow I want my desire to grow and hopefully I will have the means to do what I am being pulled towards.