19 January 2020

I Like Writing:: True Love



True Love.

I love seeing true love.
Yesterday our family laid a great man to rest.
Within the eulogy his kids wrote their favorite things of him and his favorite things.
The man of the day, stated once he wouldn't be able to live without his wife.
His children are thankful he didn't need to.
He is currently in heaven with other relatives and we are rejoicing that he is no longer in pain.
His true love is now on her own to find life without him.
She will be reunited with him one day.
God's love is precious.
God's path for us is unwavering.
God's knowledge of what we can do and how much we can be pushed.
True Love.


Is it selfish that the whole time my pastor was speaking about the love of this couple, that I couldn't help but think of my marriage? I kept sneaking glances of my handsome husband in his suit. I kept thinking of the 15 years we've been together and how strong we are together. I kept thinking, what would I do if God forbid I need to continue life without him. I thanked God for bringing him into my life when he did, when I was ready to meet someone, when I was ready to accept that he was what I needed. As we have conquered our first year of marriage, which they say is the hardest year. We have worked together to tackle school, kids, and busy schedules. I've had him in my life for 15 years, does he think of me the same as I do as him? Thankful. Thankful that I like my husband. Thankful that my friend is also my companion. Thankful that my soul lies within him.

Yesterday was an example of that. We are surrounded by strong marriages. We are surrounded by a strong family. We are surrounded by love that lasts through bad, good, and everything in between. The love of the marriage that went through 40 plus years, many ups and downs, and yet through it all, their love of God and their children that their love will continue.

I am thankful that I have found my person. I am thankful that during times of sorrow like yesterday, that he will grab my hand and look at me with love. Yesterday he made my heart melt when he grabbed my hand, smiled, and told me not to judge him as he ate another piece of pie. Little moments like that, I hope my children see so that when we go to be in heaven with those before us, that love kept us going, through the hard and terrible times life throws at us to those that we are laughing and giggling the night away.


True Love.