28 September 2019

Release with Review:: Magic Man by Jamie Schlosser


Title: Magic Man
Series: The Good Guys
Author: Jamie Schlosser
Genre: New Adult Standalone Romance
Release Date: September 26, 2019
CASEY
I’ve been putting my son first for so long that I’ve forgotten how to be me. Each monotonous day bleeds into the next, and I feel like I’m struggling to keep my head above water.
But a kiss at the top of a Ferris wheel with a man I barely know changes that.
Jay reminds me that I used to be bold. Vivacious. Funny.
Strong.
Now if only I could convince him his past mistakes don’t define the man he is today.
JAY
I can perform over a dozen illusions with a simple sleight of hand, but I can’t make the felony on my record disappear.
The last thing I should be doing is hanging around a young single mom and her kid.
But Casey doesn’t know that I’ve been watching her. That I want her for myself. That I’m addicted to her dimples, her tenacity, her fierce love for her child.
If I was a better man, I’d leave her alone, but she pulls off the biggest magic trick of all time: making me believe I’m a good guy.
 
Would you say you’re more trustworthy now, or before you went to jail?” I asked. His eyebrows furrowed. “Now, of course. I don’t do the things I used to.” “But you didn’t have a record then.” “Yeah.” He let out a humorless chuckle. “Because I hadn’t gotten caught yet.” “Exactly. Sometimes the squeaky-clean ones only look great on paper because they’ve never been caught. It doesn’t make them innocent or harmless.” We stopped moving. “Casey,” he breathed out, his tone a bit tortured as he buried his face in my hair. “If I was a better man, I’d walk away from you and your son. I’d leave you alone. I’d let some other guy—a doctor or a teacher or anyone who’s not me—sweep you off your feet and give you everything you’ve ever wanted.” “But you’re not that good, right?” I asked lightly, a smile spreading over my lips. Jay pulled back slowly, his scruff scraping against my cheek along the way. Tingles spread over my skin as he gave me a heated look. He cupped the nape of my neck, and his gaze fell to my mouth. “No, I’m not.” And then his lips were on mine.

Review::

I don't know if I can put into words what this book did to me. I felt everything. It had everything. It was such a great read. I felt such joy in this relationship, two young people getting second chances at life, love, and happiness. I recommend anyone and everyone to let this be your next read.
Jamie Schlosser writes steamy new adult romance and romantic comedy. When she isn't creating perfect book boyfriends, she's a stay-at-home mom to her two wonderful kids. She believes reading is a great escape, otters are the best animal, and nothing is more satisfying than a happily-ever-after ending.
HOSTED BY: