30 December 2018

I Like to Write:: Might be the best thing for me


Writing my way through furlough? Maybe? Who knows what will come of all of this. What I do know is that I have been thinking budget. I have been thinking saving. I have been analyzing what will be coming in and how it needs to go out. We have been saying for months that we were going to try out the Walmart Pick Up Grocery app. We haven't. We have sat on it. We have continued to go to Martin's or Walmart ourselves with lists and kids in toe.
This creates nothing but impulse buying, at least with me. I can see something that I might never have wanted but its there in front of me and I want it. The kids see candy and goodies and ask and are told sure why not? So with money being at the forefront of my head, I got on the app and began adding items.
With a code from my wonderful sister for $10 off of our first order, we placed the order. It was a success and easy. Thank goodness this is a thing now. We saved so much more than we would have going in and looking at all the yummies.
We didn't though purchase fruit or meat. My hubby isn't too sure of that just yet, but we have the basics. The kids lunches will be good to go for school this upcoming week. 



Dollar Tree might be my best friend by the end of this also. Everything a dollar and I can keep up with the simple things we need for the house. I am list making. I am coupon clipping. I am looking at all options to make sure that I am getting the most out of the dollar.