15 December 2017

I Like Writing:: Stephen's POV


This conference couldn't have happened at a worse time. Emma is back at home with that dickweed sniffing around. I have been gone 2 days, the first day i bugged the fuck out of her with texts, reminding her i am here. The second day, at lunch she politely asked me to give her a few hours, Gerald had her doing something that needed her full concentration. I should be concentrating on the topic at hand and networking for the firm but my mind in on her. I had her almost living with me. I have a ring with her name on it. I have a big house that you can see the little changes she made to make it a home. My first marriage should have never happened. Two kids right out of high school, when I met Emma a year ago I could feel it. She's been pushing for answers but I was hoping she could wait until I was planning to propose. 
I called the firm today to confirm my fight home. Leaving early wasnt exactly what the other partners wanted to hear but I need to see if she's moved the little bit she has in my house out. I keep thinking this will be it. She will choose him. I have never been this insecure but this asshole has a hold over her. She's been hesitate to move forward, almost claiming she wants casual. We work. We work better than most couples I know that have been together for years.