18 December 2017

I Like Writing:: Emma's POV


Stephen's been gone for 3 days and finally quit bugging me. Well I shouldnt calling it bugging, since I dont mind him calling or texting but it was a lot for a busy conference. The last conference he went to I only heard from him after dinner and sometimes in the mornings. Today I got a 'good morning I love you' text and he has been silence since. Gerald let me go a few hours early. He goes to court tomorrow so he is game planning with the other partners. I am not needed thankfully. I need to go to Stephen's and clean up. I spent last night there and I left my make up and stuff all over the bathroom. He'll be home tomorrow sometime. Although I am over there a good bit, I usually dont leave it a horrible mess. 
I havent heard from Jake and I dont really want to. I dont know how to tell him that I think friends is all we will ever be. Spending last night at stephens, sleeping in one of his shirts, it just felt right, like its home. he's been on me for months to move in and get rid of my place. Last night i thought about that alot. I was going to talk to him about that last night but he was rushed with dinner so we didnt talk long. 
I stop by my place and the store. I am going to sleep at Stephen's again tonight. He said there was a possibility he could be home early Friday morning so i might see him before i go in. 
I am shocked when I get there and his royal blue F150 is sitting in the driveway. I jump out and run to the door. I have never been so excited for him to be home. He meets me at the door, hugging me tight. 
"You're home" He kisses the top of my head, "I like that you called this home" 
Man, I think I've screwed this up. I never meant for him to think I didn't want to be here. He drags me in the house and shows me how much he missed me. 
I knew I needed to talk to Jacob. I couldn't ruin a wonderful thing with Stephen over a relationship I didn't have any faith in. A relationship I would continue to question where he was and who he was with. I didn't do that 5 years ago and it burned me. Jacob was just one person that trusting was going to take a lot out of him. I trust Stephen, love him, and want to see where this goes.