20 November 2017

I Like Writing:: Jacob's POV

"Ma! Ma!" I yell. I am not mad. I just want to know answers. I know she knows. Linda and she are working together I know it. Why else would she send me to that lawyer a hour away? To run into her why. And then the disaster that happened today happened. That dickhead lawyer came back out without her. He didn't even knowledge that he had came and took her away from me. Then I signed my paperwork and left. Divorced. Ready to get back in touch with Emma. Ready to see if it can work with us. I never fought for us. Eighteen and scared, not knowing how I was going to support my child. 
Mom comes from the kitchen, smile on her face until she sees my panic. "Whats going on Jacob? Is Ethan okay?" Of course, I am scaring her. She probably thinks Shelly has done something. 
"I signed my final papers today. I am divorced." I want her to know I went to that lawyers office today. For months now she has been hiding that she knows where she is working. She knew she was throwing me to the wolves. What would have happened if I hadn't have ran into her in that club? Shock, it would have been shock to the tenth power today. 
"Well that's good. You can move on, start dating. I hate that we never could get along but you know I didn't agree how that all went down honey. Come on, I made brownies, come get some to take home to Ethan." She acts if I didn't just tell her where I had been. 
"Ma, I didn't know you knew someone that worked at that building with the fancy lawyer. " That got her. She starts busying herself, at the sink, back towards me. 
"Oh is that right? Well I told you he came highly recommended."
"From Linda right Ma. Linda told you that Em was working there, in that building. Did you know she's dating that lawyer?" She turns toward me. I sit at the table. Hands in my head, I feel like I just got all my hope back and its been torn right from me. 
"She's not happy. Linda keeps telling me she's not happy. We just thought." She makes me look at her by pausing. I know she wants it to be all alright but it being shoved in my face didn't help. "Honey, she's still upset. We think that she wouldn't still be upset if she still didn't love you in some way. I just thought a little push and she'd see you and stars, lightning, all that jazz and it would open it up for a talk."
I feel for her. She loves Emma. She always thought we'd be back together. I gave her a year. For a year, I waited for her to come back home and tell me she wanted me back. I waited, I was stupid. I should have went to her, bugged the fuck out of her until she just talked to me. Once Ethan came my priorities changed. I needed to take care of him. When he was 6 months old, there had been no sight of Emma here for over a year, I asked Shelly to marry me.