30 October 2017

I Like Writing:: Emma's POV



I take my long auburn hair out of the once perfect bun and let it hang down my back. Not the most professional but with the air conditioning every little bit helps keep me warm. I feel a hand grab the end of my hair and pull my head back. I smile when I see Stephen staring at me. "What did I tell you about your hair being down? You know I can't help but have it in my hand." I know this, but I didn't plan on seeing him at this moment. I shake my head at him, "What can I do for you Mr. Watkins?" 
"I have a client that cancelled, have lunch with me." Not really a question but I am pretending. I grab my purse and walk out with him. We rarely are able to see each other during the day. He is a high demand lawyer and the lawyer I work for is busy also. His arm goes to my waist tugging me closer as we walk to the restaurant down the street. 
"So you were cancelled on huh?" I try to tease, not many make the man wait and he hates being cancelled on. 
"Oh, this is a simple divorce, nothing major, he had an emergency with a kid or something, rescheduled. He'll have to wait longer but I am sure he'll be back. Now how's your day going?" He takes my hand, kisses my knuckles. So thoughtful as always. My days are always the same unless I get office gossip but he always asks. 
Meeting my friend, Missy for dinner is always a treat. Stephen tried more than once to convince me to come over but we don't get together enough now she is expecting. "So not many still know you are this close to town huh?" she asks for the hundredth time in months. As far as every one thinks I am still in Alabama, hell I was only there for a month before getting the call from this firm. I am a hour away from home but only close family and Missy know that. That blabber mouth of a small town would have my business every where if it could. 
"Nope," I roll my eyes at her. Her blonde hair cut in a short mom cut already lets me know shes preparing for this baby girl of hers. She is already putting herself last trying to get ready for the demanding child that will be coming. I always saw myself with a little girl, pink dress and all. Not sure if that will happen anytime soon. 
"You should visit."
"I do visit Missy, one weekend a month, I see my parents."
"And you swoop in on Saturday morning and gone by noon," she crosses her arms looking at me. I know what she wants, she isn't getting it. "he's getting divorced you know?" she looks down. She just had to bring the bastard up. She had to update as always. She is the only person I know that still thinks I should have stayed. 
"Oh I figured that would come one day, Mis, do I have to know about it, no I don't. Can we talk about something else, your baby shower maybe, or if you have a name for her yet??" I just cant. She drives me nuts with this crap. 
"Fine, something else it is, but your eyes tell me so much that i want to continue."