14 December 2016

Read:: Disaster at Roosevelt Ranch by Elisa Faber


This was a first from this author for me and a different kind of story. Usually girl gets pregnant, girl tries to do it on her own, man comes back, they figure out it was love. This one girl gets pregnant, man leaves (like the country), and hello Brother!

Kelly is a waitress who worked for Rex at his ranch. Rex is the brother who goes off doing these crazy businesses and once it fails, he bails. This is no different. He tires of the town, of the ranch, and moves on. His brother shows up and meets Kelly. These two butt heads. Kelly assumes that Justin is a jerk just like Rex.

Justin comes into town to take care of Rex's business deal gone bad when he meets Kelly. He tries to fight the chemistry that is felt but eventually he falls. It is complicated with Kelly carrying his brother's child but he falls in love and believes the baby could be cared for as his.

With a few bumps and Rex being a butt, he finally sees the way and backs off to allow Justin to take care Kelly the right way.

I really enjoyed this read and I would certainly read something from this author again.



Elisa's Amazon Page

I slept with the wrong twin.
And all I got for it in return was a broken heart. 
Oh yeah, and a baby on the way—there’s that too.
But I’m determined to make it on my own. I don’t need a man, thank you very much. Not rich, charismatic, and decidedly flighty Rex Roosevelt, and especially not his twin brother, Justin.
No matter that the gorgeous former military doctor makes my heart beat a little faster . . . and all spots lower than that pay careful, careful attention. 
None of that matters. The Roosevelt men are dangerous and I’m steering clear.
The trouble is, Justin refuses to leave me be.
And deep down, I don’t want to avoid him. 
Deep down, I want to be even closer.