25 July 2016

Read:: Forever My Girl by Heidi McLaughlin


So I am in a group and this group kept talking about this book so I looked up the book and one clicked. This book made me tear up, it made me laugh, it made me mad, it made me feel like I was right there in the middle of it all. No wonder it's now becoming a movie. And yes, I will see this movie.

Heidi got me as soon as I figured out everything that happened while Liam was gone. As much as I would hate for this all to happen to someone I know, I love reading about it. The moment when the man that left returns to find out that life went on without him and his heart hurts knowing he should have been here for it all. 

Liam and Josie still feel that heat, after 10 years, she still cant be in a room with him without going weak to the knees. He cannot keep his eyes off of her. Her boyfriend is on a mission to keep Liam away from her but he is unsuccessful as they continue to figure out the dynamics of their new family. 

The characters emotions, thoughts, and ways to cope were all true to the heart. The ache that was felt was amazing. Those are the stories you want to read, the stories that make you feel something, the stories that make you wonder will they make it work. Heidi did a great job expressing this through her words. 





***SOON TO BE A MAJOR MOTION PICTURE***

I was never supposed to be a rock star. I had my life all planned out for me. Play football in college. Go to the NFL. Marry my high school sweetheart and live happily ever after.

I broke both our hearts that day when I told her I was leaving. I was young. I made the right decision for me, but the wrong decision for us. I've poured my soul into my music, but I've never forgotten her. Her smell, her smile.

And now I'm going back.

After ten years.

I hope I can explain that after all this time.

I still want her to be my forever girl.