11 June 2016

Read:: Monday by E.L. Todd



Monday was an emotional rollercoaster, at times I didn’t know whether to laugh, cry, or hit Hawke. This story hits it all. I have always been a fan of E.L. Todd; she pours so much into her characters. These are people with issues that you can relate to.

We meet Frankie and Hawke, two totally different people who have that spark connection that has them drawn to each other like moths to light. Frankie is looking for long term, love, and a future. Hawke not so much, he is everything wrong that you could possibility have in a person.

Hawke tries to stay away, not wanting to bring Frankie into his circle, his horrible life with his temper, but they keep being thrown together. Their banter was great, they actually took the time being friends and getting to know one another before the relationship moved forward. They knew each other inside and out.

Hawke’s family is messed up while Frankie’s family has overcome tragedy. She tries to remain positive in life while working for more. Frankie keeps after Hawke until he starts changing for the better for them.

During one night out, a former flame comes on strong and Hawke is there to the rescue. His rescue though is rough and out of control. This causes a lot to happen in a little time. Their whole relationship is being reevaluated by both. My belly seriously wasn’t feeling it during this time.  

Hawke leaves. He just leaves. He tries to leave without Frankie even knowing, the snake but she knows. As her heart is breaking, he gets in his truck and heads off to his new job, new area, new life.

I am anxiously waiting to read the next book in the series. E.L. does great trapping you and keeping you tangled until the end in this one. Her story telling is remarkable and keeps you interested while you become invested with these characters.




I don’t believe in destiny.

In fate.

Or in soul mates.

But I believe in Hawke.

My life has never been whole since my parents left forever. I have my brother, someone I can barely tolerate most of the time, and I have my best friend, Marie.

And I have myself.

But when Hawke walks into my life, there’s an immediate connection. Our eyes lock and an unspoken conversation is exchanged. For the first time in my life, I actually feel something.

But he doesn’t.

He keeps me at arm’s length and pretends there’s nothing between us when there clearly is. I’m not the kind of girl to wait around for any guy, so I don’t.

But that doesn’t mean he isn’t in the back of my mind.

Our paths cross again in a way neither one of us expect and it changes everything. Was it destiny that made it happen? Was it fate?

Or was it something else?