27 June 2016

Re-Read:: Lick by Kylie Scott


I began this series when it first came out in 2013 and I have actually re read about 3 times already. Its a go-to when in a funk and needing something I know I will enjoy and since I have read it, it's not as guy wrenching as the first time I read it.

This blurb got me. I was needing to read this one as soon as I could. 

Evelyn and David are a power couple once they figure out they belong together. They are in my top 10 of couples. Waking up in Vegas, married, and with tattoos Evelyn has no clue how this happened. David remembers it all and is very upset that he made a decision with someone who cant remember. He is pissed off and a dick the first few chapters of the book. 

They decide to call it quits before it begins and Evelyn tries to go home to live her life. The press follows her and soon its craziness. When returning to David's home, she is met with a cold, distant David who doesn't want her around. Thankfully his drummer Mal takes Evelyn under his wing until David comes to his senses. 

These two definitely have many bumps and struggles. It wasn't easy and I loved that from Kylie because it wasn't fast, unbelievable, it was gut wrenching and a lot of work. Evelyn doesn't forgive David quickly or even trust him. They work and work until they figure out it works. 

At this end of this book I was ready for the next. 




Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas's plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man in her room, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.
One thing is certain, being married to one of the hottest rock stars on the planet is sure to be a wild ride.