30 May 2016

Read:: When I'm With You by Harper Sloan


This book was worth the wait. Harper, of course, did it again, made me fall in love with her men from Corps Security and Hope Town. In these books, it's not just about the two characters in the book but about the whole family. You see the brothers, sisters, moms and dads, everyone is involved in making their story happy.


We met Nate when he was born in Axel's book, given the middle name of Gregory after his mothers savior when she was in a bad way. He continued to be present during the following books. In Dani's book, he was portrayed as a jokester, laid back, but smart. In this book, we get to see a more serious side of Nate along with his need to have a fun time. I was surprised to see that his heart belonged to Emberlyn. They have not a huge age gap, but the 2nd oldest and the baby.


It was a struggle for them to find a common ground after one night changed everything between them. Funny thing is that Nate takes a while to remember why that one night changed their relationship, why Ember grew distant.


Ms. Sloan doesn't make us wait long before these two are rolling in the sheets and giving in to each other. She gives up the Alpha that we love and he protects Ember with all that he has. The love between them was felt. His need to do right by her and her family was the sweetest. They all respect the parents especially as adults, there are a few months of discussing situations where it can get heated but these kids admire the parents.


Its hard to even put into words how great this book is. This whole series has had me since I read "Cooper" when it was on sale and I had to buy the entire series.




Nate:
It’s nearly impossible to be surrounded by love but not understand it. My parents, my sister, and just about everyone around us has no trouble accepting that love. To give your trust to someone else and believe they would die before hurting you. I’ve witnessed it—I’ve seen the power of it—but I’ve also seen the pain. Because for me, I’ve only loved someone I could never have, and my biggest fear is that by giving her my love, all I would do is ruin her. I should have tried harder, but I’m not sure I can because I only feel complete when I’m with her.


Emberlyn:
The only time I feel like I belong is when he’s near. His infectious smile warms me straight to my bones. Any insecurities I have vanish with just a wink from him. A sliver of his attention makes me feel invincible. But all it took was one drunken night of truths for me to lose everything I had begun to crave. Now, I’m not sure how to move on because I only feel complete when I’m with him.


He said I was too young. I said he was perfect. He said our families wouldn’t understand. I said we could weather any storm. He said he would ruin me. And he was right.


When I'm with You can be read as a standalone. Each book is interconnected, so if you would like to get to know the previous couples that show up in this book, I recommending reading book 1 (Unexpected Fate) and book 2 (Bleeding Love) first.