16 May 2016

Read:: Southern Pleasure by Kaylee Ryan




This book had been a ‘sponsored’ post in my feed and the cover always got my attention but I never one-clicked. I wasn’t familiar with Kaylee and hadn’t heard anything good or bad in any of my groups about her. I kept just saying to myself, I’ll buy soon. I knew with that HOT cover with the farm boy that I needed to get it just didn’t. Then one morning my sister in law texted me with a ‘OMG you have to read Southern Pleasure, I love it and it is a great read, I am almost done.’ So this sealed the deal. My sister loves it and we have similar tastes in our men in our books. So one clicked and read that week.
Evan is a country boy through and through working on the farm, taking care of his parent’s property. He has a relationship that isn’t really strong but turns into a surprised pregnancy. I will tell you this I have never read a book and thought “I wish I could throat punch him/her” but Evan’s ex had me to the point I wish I could have grabbed her by her hair.  He does everything in his power to make sure his little girl is taken care of and ready for the outside world. He is stressed to the max.
I love how McKinley dives right in, trying to help, being an ear, and just being a friend. She helps Evan with his stress, encouraging him to do the best for his baby. She is right beside him.
The MOST frustrating thing about this whole book was their hearts are bleeding for each other, wanting each other but each thinks the other is better off if nothing is said. When they finally get their heads out of their butts, they are a team as usual but Evan goes all Alpha Male and I love it.
I am hoping we get more from the side characters featured in this book; Aaron had a lot of stuff going on along with our main characters. I am looking forward to reading more from Ms. Ryan.





They tell you that a parent’s love is all consuming. I never put much thought into it. Not until the minute I heard her take her first breath. That little girl is my world. I’d do anything to protect her.

My ex signed over her rights and her family vowed that my daughter didn’t exist. Now that she’s gone, they want my little girl. They’re trying to say I can’t give her what she needs.

I’ve known Evan all my life. Our families farms run parallel with each other. He and my brother Aaron have been best friends for as long as I can remember.

What they’re trying to do is wrong. He needs my help, someone he can trust and I’m more than happy to do it. I volunteered without hesitation.

I should have thought about what it would be like to have our lives intertwined. I should have thought about what would happen when our time together ended and how my heart would feel when I had to walk away.