04 February 2016

Read:: Forget Cinderella (True Loves Fairytale) by Tracey Champion


So I was given a copy of this book by the Author and I honestly had never heard of Tracey before she created an event on facebook to "Spotlight" Matthew Hosea Inked Model. This was a great surprise for me because I havent be gifted a book from an author yet. This blog has taken many changes since I started it: first it was just family then it was giveaway, then it was 31 Gifts, then I just stopped and now here I am trying to help my favorite authors, models, and books. I love writing, no time, but this little bit just sharing my thoughts is really relaxing.

Back to the book, I enjoyed it. For her debut book it was at times a little hard to swallow all details and emotions being shared but I loved the general story and the characters. Poor Cara gets dealt a bad hand of cards in life. Her love, her mother, her world becomes sick and passes away right before her 13th birthday. This young child becoming a woman loses the rock of her world right when she needs her. I cried. The emotion behind the words was felt. Tracey did a great job putting you in the head and the heart of Cara. I wanted to hug her. 

Cara goes through many years feeling alone, not knowing her father, living with her mother's best friend. High school is tough, life is tougher, being in her head was exhausting even for the reader. As she becomes an adult, she gets a small circle of friends, people she feels she can trust after letting those walls down a little. 

Meeting a man is something she hasnt been interested since high school when her boyfriend ruined that for her, however Jordan comes along and SWOON he is awesome. 

There is a whole lot of drama, tragedy, lots of bad luck, but they keep it together. Jordan does everything he can to protect her from the threat yet it isnt enough. 

AND.....she leaves us with a cliffhanger.... 

Sooooooo now waiting on the next..... I think the series will be great, the characters will grow and fingers crossed that Cara gets saved before more bad happens to her....



Cara Mia 
It all begins with my story. 
I was Momma’s beautiful, happy, hippie princess. Then I was lost, sad and closed off. I wanted the fairy tale, I wanted to be Cinderella. 
When I was preparing to start life on my own my story took on twists and turns I never expected. I decided to take some time to turn my story around. I wanted a happily ever after that was almost impossible until I met Amber, my friend, and she made me realize my story wasn’t were it was meant to be. 
Then Jordan came along, my prince, and now my story is out of my hands. I’ve found what I was missing and I didn’t even know it, but it may all be taken away from me. I may even be taken away from this wonderful life I’ve built and the people I’ve surrounded myself with. My beautiful life could be gone and my fairy tale forgotten. I don’t even have a glass slipper to help me. 


Warning: For mature audiences 18+ due to foul language and the descriptive sexual content