25 February 2016

Read:: Abel by L.B. Dunbar


This one was different. I loved it. It was written in dual point of views but the male wasn't cocky, his alpha was held back, and he questioned everything. It was different.


This one grabbed me and I sunk into the story over the weekend. Abel is 2nd, the weak one, and even in his 20s it stays with him. He questions motives, he doesn't trust many, and he feels he is on his own.


Elma wants revenge for her brothers death and she does it in such an ass backwards way that she gets herself in trouble. She needs help but digs her hole so deep that she is left on her own.


These two, wow, I wanted to thump both of them most of the book but I saw Abel's side more. If someone tried to treat me that way, I wouldn't be very trusting either. After so much, you get tired of being treated poorly and dumping them to the side is just easier.


Miscommunication is a lot of his issue too, he is so backwards, if he would just say what needs to be said and to her instead of in his head he might have gotten further sooner. 


I am hoping we get Cain's story soon, and his buddies story would be nice too Ms. Dunbar..... 


                                     

                                                                Read Now


I'm not a fighter.
I was born into a fighting family. As the middle child, I was overlooked in favor of my older brother.
He took the negative attention, too. In comparison, there's nothing special about me.
I’m not as big as Cobra. I’m not as strong as Cobra. He's the alpha.
I'm a beta.
The second son.
The lesser one.
The one never encouraged to fight, never encouraged to do anything, but stay out of my father’s way.

I'm not a lover either - but I wished to be – that’s why I needed her.
I met a girl in the pouring rain.
Sounds cliché, but it's true. It changed everything.
Because of love, I learned to fight.

Betas come second, but in this fight, my story is first.