12 January 2016

Read:: The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C Cherry


So I moved on to my Kindle Unlimited List because I seriously need to read them and then delete so I can borrow more. So I started with "The Air He Breathes" by Brittainy C Cherry. This book was one big rollercoaster but dang if it wasnt good.

Tristian Cole has a great family, a budding business and is happy, then one day that is all taken from him. Elizabeth has the man of her dreams until one day he doesnt come home. These two find each other about a year after their losses and the heart ache that finds them is not something I can put into words. The author, Ms. Cherry does a wonderful job of putting you there with them in their hearts. It tugs at your heart and leaves you in tears.

Elizabeth breaks through Tristian's huge horrible wall long before her own wall can be torn down. They go through a lot of back and forth, be together, not be together, be friends, not be friends. Tristian at times is down right hateful.

The glue:: Emma, Elizabeth's daughter and Zeus, Tristian's dog. These two become fast friends and the pup actually wants to be around these two women that Tristian would rather not be. Emma's heart and playfulness brings out a side of this man that only a little girl can.

If you want to read about a second chance romance, a love that needs to be worked for, a love that survives a lot more downs than ups then this is it. I read it fast, I couldnt put it down, and I will be looking forward to the next from Ms. Cherry, I am a big fan and have read previous books from her.

 
 
I was warned about Tristan Cole.

“Stay away from him,” people said.
“He’s cruel.”
“He’s cold.”
“He’s damaged.”

It’s easy to judge a man because of his past. To look at Tristan and see a monster.

But I couldn’t do that. I had to accept the wreckage that lived inside of him because it also lived inside of me.

We were both empty.
We were both looking for something else. Something more.
We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays.

Then perhaps we could finally remember how to breathe.