30 November 2015

Read:: The Last Shot by Sara Hubbard


I am a sucker for Sports Romance. As soon as this baby released November 15th, I was all over it. A hockey player with just a glance of hockey games in the book but it still made me happy. Ethan let the his heart get away when Annie broke up with him when he got his shot at the NHL. This woman is running scared of being left behind and after her childhood you understand why she was so scared. His brother getting hurt and ending up in Annie's care is like fate working for these two. Ethan gives it all he has to prove to Annie that they belong together and he isn't going anywhere. 


Sara's Page


Annie: As a child I was unwanted and unloved. Tossed aside until my maternal grandmother came to claim me. Life got better after that, and it got better still when I met Ethan Michaels, the boy down the street who was determined to make me feel like I mattered. At first he was my friend, but then he became much more. But love isn’t real. Not in my world. 

When Ethan left to pursue professional hockey I had to make a clean break. I couldn’t wait for him to find someone better, couldn’t wait for him to break my heart. It’s better to leave than be left. But now he’s back, and I can't run from him anymore. 

Worse…he won't let me. 

Ethan: Annie Fraser owned me as a kid. She owns me still. When I got my first contract to play professional hockey I asked her to come with me, but she wouldn’t leave Rawdon, not while her grandmother was sick. I understood. Still, I wanted to stay together, do whatever I could to keep her. 

But she wanted to run. 
I loved her enough to let her. 

Now I’m back in town and I’m pissed. I think I hate her. I’m sure of it. Until I see her… and those old feelings come rushing back. I won’t let her walk away again. I don’t care what it takes. 

* The Last Shot is a contemporary, second chance at love novel between a professional hockey player and a nurse. Although sweet with tamer language, it contains sexual situations and adult language.