18 May 2012

Why? Why? Why?



Yes our 2 year old has figured out the question “Why?” it is exhausting!!!
I love that she is curious, I love that she wonders, I love that she wants to know.  
As a parent though, you know how many times a day you can be asked why, how many times you have to repeat yourself, and how many times your kid backs you in a corner, when you really don’t know what to do about it. I guess it is something we will get used to, I really try to give her 'real' answers. So many people say just tell her 'because you said so', no thank you. If Ava is asking why? She is getting an answer. Now sometimes I have had to tell her that I will get back to her, she actually accepts that. There are times I tell her we have to ask daddy. There are times I tell her I don’t know. There are things going on that I can't explain to her, such as when we are in a store and a little kid is crying, I have no clue why but she wants to know. She feels bad for the kid but I tell her I don’t know but he/she will be okay later and she says okay and we move on to the next subject and round of questions.

This age is so much fun because they are figuring it all out but can be so frustrating. I try to roll with the bumps as much as I can. This 'why?' phase will never end and I don’t want it to. I am 28 years old and still ask my parents why? If I don’t understand something, I still question things done at work, home, or within the family. She should too.
Soon we will have Hailey doing this to us, and she will be bugging Ava. I want them to learn as much as they even if I don’t have the answer right away.