04 January 2010

A New Year A New Way


2010 is here! I must say that 2008 and 2009 were pretty impressive years. Kenny and I got married and then we welcomed the joy of our lives, Ava into the world. I am not one for resolutions, I can never stick to what I say I will do, but this year I thought instead of a resolution maybe just a few things to keep in mind to keep me sane with our busy lifestyle.

Kenny will be returning to school in a matter of weeks, which means Ava and I will be home a lot by ourselves again so I'd like to keep in mind that it's okay to ask for help. I am not one to ask for it. During my maternity leave, I did take a little help but was stubborn as usual and did as much by myself as I can. As she is growing this year, I hope to ask for help more when time is a concern and for her well-being. I want to make sure that she is taken care of the best that we can and I am surrounded by family who love her and are willing to help as much as they can.

Scrapbooking-its my love! I was given a scrapbooking kit and album for a gift after graduating high school and have been addicted ever since. I hope to make some time to get caught up on my albums. I hope to keep in mind that every moment is precious and to try to capture as much with pictures as I can. I want Ava to have as many memories as possible and if I can put them in a scrapbook for her to keep when she gets older then that will help her know how much she is loved.

Remodeling-we have slowly been remodeling the home we bought in 2009. I hope this year to continue improving on its look and to incorporate a little of us into each room. There is so much I would like to do but need to allow for the time to complete the projects. I would like to keep in mind that measuring twice and cutting once has been the carpenter's motto for a long time and I will have to be patient with our projects to insure that they are done correctly the first time.

Taking care of my Family-Kenny and Ava are my world and I want to make sure that they are happy and healthy and taken care of. They are the reason I get up every morning and continue doing everything that I do. Life without them would not make sense. I want to keep in mind that I now have 2 sets of family to take care and to have them take care of us. My in-laws are great, they have opened their hearts to me and make me feel like I have been in the family forever and not just a few years. My family has been great, supporting decisions and welcoming Kenny into the family.

Taking care of the wonderful people that take care of Ava-Becky and Ashley have been a life saver. They take care of Ava, love her like their own, and help me and Kenny so much. I couldn't ask for better help raising her. I am so blessed to have them take care of her while we are working and knowing she is save and happy. I hope that in 2010 to help them as much as possible whenever I can as they have done for me up until now. Words will never be able to express how much it is appreciated that she is in private care instead of daycare. I only worry that she is not fussy or cracky. I do not have to worry that she is stuck in a wet diaper for hours or that she has been crying with no comfort or that she is waiting to be fed. I work all day thinking of her and counting down to see her but not worrying and that means so much. I will keep in mind that they do not have to do this but they choose to do this. They love my daughter and take care of her as I would.

This past year has been wonderful, experiencing pregnancy and labor and motherhood. It has all been exciting. I know that this upcoming year will be just as special.