22 August 2018

Release with Review Behind Me by Piper Reagan

This story was super emotional. It was one with a little bit of everything. You will want to hug Josephine. You will want to cry with her. You will fall in love with these two. Josephine got a raw deal as a teenager. She had parents that were not supportive at all. She is hiding still though, she isn't living fully.
Cain has a hard job. A job that tortures his soul. As soon as he meets Josephine, his Blue J, he is calm. I loved the building relationship of these two. I loved watching these two develop into one. Cain does everything he can to support Josephine on her journey of life.










I don’t even know who I am anymore.
Josephine… My birth name. The one my parents gave me and the one they can have. It makes me no difference.
Joss… That’s what my friends call me. I like it. It means they know me. Sort of.
Blue J… My stage name. It hides me when I need it to.
Bird… That’s what he calls me. And he’s the only one.

He gave me a new name. One that was branded on my skin our first night together, placed there by his lips. The night that was supposed to be our first and our last. Because if he sees the me hiding behind the fake name, will he even want me?

Cain
She slipped out, right through my fingers. But that won’t work for me. Her voice made an impression, her touch left its mark. And when I find her, I’ll make sure she remembers the way it felt.

But how can a girl who hides herself, living her life in a convent and afraid to face the world, ever fall for a man who kills people for a living? Can the death row prison guard and the girl struggling to break free come together? Or will their differences keep them from finding their forever?


Behind Me is a contemporary romance with adult language and sexual content and is intended for an audience 18 and over.